Many people ask what are some smart home buying tips for Chandler, AZ. I start by using the fundamental KISS (keep it simple….) method to keep the home buying process enjoyable.
- Location, location, location – Since you already know Chandler is your city; things like work commute and where you want your kids to go to school are the next items to consider. You can start searching for these specific homes by Chandler zip codes, neighborhoods, schools, etc. Keep in mind that when you go to sell (your exit strategy), you want to live in a desirable location so there will be plenty of buyers looking in your area. View all Chandler homes for sale.
- Floor Plan – This is critical because it can give an open feel even though the square footage size is smaller. Do you want a single level home or a two story? How many bedrooms & baths do you need? The key is living comfortably and enjoying the time spent in your new home. Isn’t that what we all want?
- Property Features – What size yard do you want? Do you even want a yard? If not, maybe a Condo or Townhouse is for you. Do you want a two or three car garage? Your choices start to narrow when going for the three car garage. Oh, it can get pretty warm in the summer so a pool is always a consideration! Check out the Advanced Search feature for these options.
- Price $$ – The right price is an affordable price and one that doesn’t strap you financially. You don’t need to be a slave to your mortgage payment and miss out on some finer things in life. I highly recommend consulting with at least two different lenders before even looking at homes. No point in getting excited about homes you can’t qualify for or will be financially strapped if you buy them. Interest rates are pretty low right now so getting into a home with a reasonable payment should be doable.
- Home Searching Online – There are plenty of home search websites that will provide detailed listing information with plenty of pictures. Matter of fact, you can almost buy a home without seeing it. However, most of these sites can’t offer the complete custom search criteria that only the local MLS (Multiple Listing Service) provider can through the local agent. You can do a lot of looking and searching on your own or have a local real estate agent set up MLS custom searches that are emailed daily to your inbox. It’s really your call depending on how you like to shop for homes!
- Home Viewing & Purchasing – Sooner or later you will need a Chandler Realtor® to show you the home, compare prices and write the offer, etc. This is another article altogether but find someone you can trust to tell you the truth. An agent who will advise you on all the pros and cons of a particular home so you can make an informed decision you can live with.
These are just a few of the smart home buying tips for Chandler, AZ. Using them as a guideline will save you a lot of time when searching and buying homes in Chandler. Being a smart home buyer will make it an enjoyable experience!